Big, bold & beautiful! That’s what every woman expects to get out of her mascara. So, does the newest COVERGIRL mascara pass the test? Let’s jump right into my COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara Review.
Let me start by saying I’m a mascara snob. I’m blessed to have been born with long lashes that are a prominent feature of mine. I take the best care of them as possible. I don’t have lash extensions nor do I wear false lashes regularly. Influenster sent me the COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara and Exhibitionist Mascara Primer complementary and I couldn’t wait to try them out.
Personally, I rotate my mascara frequently but have a few tried and true that I always keep in my makeup bag. Now, which mascara is the best? It all comes down to personal preference. I have this theory that your lashes get used to a specific mascara and then it doesn’t work as well. There is no science or proof to this – other than it’s just my personal thoughts and experience.
COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Primer
I’m not a huge mascara primer person, in general. I’ve always used a mascara that I thought got the job done solo. While I’ve tried a couple of primers – none have ever found a permanent place in my daily routine.
The feature that stood out the most about the COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara Primer was that it wasn’t white. It’s off-white, maybe ecru. That caught my attention plus it didn’t smell horrible. You know what I mean about primers smelling super strong and chemically, right?
I coated my top lashes with the mascara primer and then let it sit for about 30 to 45 seconds before I went in with the mascara.
I applied the Exhibitionist mascara as I usually would – wiggling it from base to the tips of the lashes and thoroughly coating the lashes. I got an even application with none of my lashes sticking together. I’ll have to say I think the primer played a role in giving the lashes length.
Here’s what my eyes looked like with the mascara & primer. You can see they’re long, voluminous and nicely separated.
- The first thing I noticed was the wand. I love mascara wands that are slightly concave in the middle which helps deposit the product more evenly across the lashes while separating so there are no clumps.
- The primer creates a nice foundation for the mascara to do its job and I really like it.
- Using the mascara without the primer gives pretty similar results but the mascara doesn’t appear to be as lengthening without using the primer first.
COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara Review:
Overall, I can say I’m really impressed by the mascara. I love that COVERGIRL products are cruelty-free and they’re a fantastic drugstore makeup product that everyone can afford.
- Look: My eyelashes are bold and draw the attention directly to my eyes. I only needed to use one coat of mascara.
- Volume: The mascara definitely volumizes. The primer definitely helps with this as well – ensuring that all the lashes are evenly coated and don’t clump up together – giving that nice fanned look of false lashes.
- Length: The primer is the real prize winner here. Right after applying the primer you could see the additional length that you got from the product.
- Feel: This is the true test for me and COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara passes the test. My lashes were soft, flexible and not crunchy. There’s nothing I dislike more than crispy feeling lashes.
I’d put the COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara & Primer up there on the best drugstore mascara list.
Also, check out Elle Magazine’s article: 10 Elle.com Editors On Their Favorite Mascaras.