You might be wondering why someone who has Hashimoto’s (autoimmune thyroid disorder) would consider a product like Arbonne? Here’s the short answer: I finally came to a point where I needed to do something to take control of my health and jumpstart a weight loss regime that I could maintain.
If you Google anything about weight loss and thyroid problems or Hashimoto’s or autoimmune disorders you’ll see an overwhelming amount of information from experts and doctors that focuses on different things. It’s honestly rather frustrating because you can read one article that tells you going gluten-free is the best way to help heal your thyroid and/or lose weight with an autoimmune disorder, then the next link you click on is talking about how a leaky gut is causing your problems.
Could all of this be true? Definitely. Could none of it be true? Definitely. Could one thing be true for you and not for the next person with the same issues? Definitely. So, how do you know what advice to take?
Well if you’re like me…you might spend years yo-yoing between implementing this advice and that advice – only to have brief or no results and then you’re back to the drawing board.
Trust me, I’ve tried so many things to lose the 40+ pounds I’ve put on due to Hashimoto’s, a less than stellar diet and lack of exercise. But here I am again trying something new.
I had honestly never heard of Arbonne until a former co-worker of mine started talking about her results and why she was investing in this social marketing business. There are SO many program out there but when someone you know is sharing their personal successes – you pause and listen.
I saw my friend’s results and followed her campaigns promoting the products on her Instagram account for at least 6 months before I reached out for more information. What finally enticed me to pull the trigger? She posted an Instagram story where she listed “struggling with an autoimmune disorder” as one of the reasons you should consider Arbonne.
I had already done a lot of my own research as well about the company. Here’s what I learned:
- Arbonne is 44 years old. That mean’s it’s not a company that just popped up overnight to capitalize on a shift to health living.
- They’re a clean nutrition, beauty & skincare company and they’re committed to creating and selling pure, beneficial and safe products.
- The products are derived from ingredients from nature. Their products are safe and nontoxic.
- There are more than 2,000 ingredients that are NOT allowed in their products. All ingredients banned by the European Union and several hundred more.
- The certifications: certified vegan, certified gluten-free, certified by GI Labs, certified cruelty free, certified kosher, verified non-GMO. Those are a lot of governing bodies that are overseeing the quality of their products.
- The nutrition is free of common allergens and inflammatory foods like dairy, soy, nuts and artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners.
So a quick education on Hashimoto’s disease. It typically moves slow and over the years causes damage to the thyroid which leads to irregular or low thyroid hormones in the blood. Your body (immune system) is creating antibodies that are attacking the thyroid like it’s a foreign invader causing chronic inflammation in body. *I am not a medical professional nor is this medical advice.*
The premise of the Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living is to rid your body of toxins, reduce inflammation and digestive issues that are recking havoc on your body and return it to an alkaline state.
My friend provided testimony from clients who had completed the 30 Days to Healthy Living that had thyroid disorders and had successfully lost weight and in some case put their hypothyroidism into remission. That really sparked my interest so I decided to go for it. I really had everything to gain (except more weight, right?)
I’ve been tired, lethargic, unmotivated, depressed, moody and struggling with this excess weight for more than 4 years and now it’s time for me to take back the control.
I started my 30 Days to Healthy Living on May 20. Stay turned for unbiased week by week progress updates.