Typically I rotate which mascara I use on a daily basis. I choose one in my makeup collection based on what kind of look I’m going for that day and whether or not I really want the effect of longer lashes or fuller lashes. I also have this theory that my lashes get used to a specific mascara and then it doesn’t work as well. Whether that’s just total BS or not, I do not know. I do know that there are many products, specifically beauty products, that lose their effectiveness over time. So I kind of think about it like that.
I have a few go-to mascaras that I always keep and then rotate newbies in routinely. So when I ran out of the Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara (which I really like by the way) I went to Walmart to scope out the goods. I decided to go with the L’Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it from other bloggers and seen some great reviews on it so I decided to try it out for myself.
See how it went:
Transparency: I do use affiliate links in my posts. The links show me what you are most interested in and helps me give you more relevant content. I may make a small commission if you choose to purchase a product through one of my links. If you check out through an app (Amazon, Nordstrom, Target etc…) I do not make a commission so if you like what you’re seeing here, please consider using my links and skipping the app! As always, thank you and I appreciate you.
- Loved the wand! It’s thicker at both ends and kind of concave in the middle of the wand. It fits nicely around your lashes.
- I judge a mascara immediately by whether or not the first couple of strokes leave clumps or sticks the lashes together. This one was NOT clumpy. It separated my lashes nicely.
- Look: In the video, you can see a clear difference between the L’Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise eye and the clean eye. My eyes really pop after just one coat. The mascara separates the lashes really well so they look fuller.
- Volume: I felt like my lashes had some decent volume but were they voluminous with out-of-this-world volume? Sadly, no. Always want Mo’ volume!
- Length: Lots of good length – especially since this is a volumizing mascara. So that was a nice surprise!
- Feel: This is the true test for me. I cannot stand when my lashes are crunchy or hard and this mascara PASSED the test! <Hurray> My lashes are so soft and flexible and I love it!
My go-to mascaras:
- The OG: Maybelline New York Great Lash
- Current Fav: Benefit BADgal Bang! 36-Hour Full-Blast Volumizing Mascara Mini Black (I do by the mini in this one because I like to be able to get in there nice and close.)
- Every Day: L’Oréal Paris Makeup Telescopic Original Lengthening Mascara (Usually put a coat of this on first and then use the Maybelline New York Great Lash for a second coat.)
- New Kid On The Block: Arbonne It’s A Long Story® Mascara #7793 – If you’re looking to jump into clean beauty slowly – THIS – is your girl! This mascara is amazing, lengthening, volumizing, cruely-free and no animal by-products. Pea and bamboo extracts nourish the condition lashes. Read the full fact sheet here.